Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Word of Explanation

     I am learning more and more about this electric machine and how to blog on it.  Yesterday, I discovered that I can add photographs to my stories.  Today, maybe I'll figure out how to put captions on the photos, then tomorrow perhaps I can discover how to place them appropriately within the written material.  I am sure that the learning curve on this is like everything else---by the time I figure it out, I'll be finished.
     My plan, for now, is to continue to serialize the Road Trip, doing two episodes per week, probably one on Saturday and one on Wednesday.  Then, in between those stories, I plan to stick something fluffy such as the "Old People" story or the piece about my dad.
     Thanks to my friend Hugh Ruggles, I have about ten thousand words on Barbeque that I wrote during 1996 and 1997.  I also found several other stories from the past that I might share---"Blue Tarp People" and "New York City"come to mind.  I may insert some of those between the road trip stuff.  I will try to shorten the posts so that it doesn't take so long to read them, but I can't promise anything---it seems to take me a lot of words to say anything.  Having said all that, understand that I will do my best not to bore you.
     I will try to add a picture which I call "Springtime in Lubbock" to this post.  I will put a caption on it if I can.   You will see if I suceeded when you read this post.
     As you all can see, I am floundering around here.  Any suggestions you may have will be appreciated.
                                                                                                                              Thanks for your support-----
                                                                                                                                                                      Jim
Springtime in Lubbock, well that didn't work too well.                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment